Monday, January 19, 2015

Identity Packrat

From a Sam Hanson scrapbook
Sam Hanson saved a lot of what he wrote, if not everything.  Some of his columns and articles were pasted into scrapbooks.  Others were contained in boxes of unbound newspapers.  His third and best wife, Jean Swanson Hanson, kept the files after Sam's death. In 2011 she gave them to me, one of his four daughters.    This last summer I took the Idaho inflected boxes of files and memorabilia to the Special Collections unit of the Eli Oboler Library at Idaho State University.  Other files I've passed on to my older sister.


A few years ago I spent an inordinate amount of money to have some of his scrapbooks and saved papers copied onto PDF's.  Unfortunately, I didn't understand much about using PDFs and linking them to blogger and wound up with challenging material.  Nevertheless, I'll be able to provide a bit more of him online so as to complete my daughterly duties vis a vis the late pater.


No comments: